Fresh cold-press juices made easy!
Why I Love This
I’ve long loved cold-press juices, but didn’t love the price of commercially sold ones, and was tempted by the freshness and convenience of juicing at home. With the Kuvings juicer, we’ve gotten into the habit of drinking a nice glass of fresh, cold-press juice every morning, which is both delicious and gives us a head start on our nutrient intake for the day. I also like the idea of my toddler starting his on a small tumbler of fresh juice (which he helps to make).
Although cleanup isn’t the most seductive part of juicing, I have found this one to be very easy to handle. I have timed myself (yes, I have!) and now that I’m used to the task it takes me a little under five minutes to disassemble, clean, and set the different components out to drip-dry. Pretty reasonable in my book.
Finally, because the juicer is a vertical model, it takes up minimal space in our small kitchen — less than the average food processor would — which means we can justify keeping it there and available for quick, daily access.
What you need to know about the Kuvings juicer
It is a vertical low-speed masticating juicer:
- Vertical: it takes up little space on your counter since the entire appliance stands vertical rather than horizontal.
- Low-speed: at just 50-60 RPM, it doesn’t heat up the fruits and vegetables, thereby preserving vitamins, enzymes, and minerals. The low speed also makes the motor pretty quiet.
- Masticating: the fruits and vegetables are crushed by a powerful screw (it’s actually fun to watch!) that efficiently separates the liquids from the solids, so you extract a lot more juice than you would from other types of juicers.
Some of the juicer’s most distinguishing features include:
- An extra-wide feeding tube, so you don’t have to spend hours cutting up your fruits and vegetables beforehand.
- A handy little cap on the pouring spout that makes it easy to juice a mix of fruits and vegetables, and ensures drip-free serving.
- The different components are easy to assemble and disassemble, and the cleanup is pretty fast (see more about that below). The juicer also comes with a couple of accessories to help with the cleaning.
- All components are BPA-free, and can be ordered separately if you were to break or misplace any of them.
- The juicer is manufactured in Korea.
You can also opt to purchase the juicer with the smoothie and sorbet attachments: the former lets the pulp through so you can make smoothies (and purées for babies), while the second is designed to process frozen fruit so you can make instant banana berry sorbets and the like.
The juicer is also available from Amazon France.