Chocolate & Zucchini newsletter // March 2018 edition
If you have difficulties viewing this email, you can read it in your browser.
If you're not already a subscriber, SIGN UP to receive the next edition of the C&Z newsletter for free!
• We had snow! In Paris! It was so fun!
Sure, the city and transportation system aren't really equipped to deal with it so it was chaotic on many levels. But Paris is so gorgeous in the snow that it brings Parisians together, all twinkly-eyed and twelve at heart.
If you're on Instagram, you can check my account to see two pictures of the Sacré-Coeur on two subsequent days (including the sunny one above) and my "Snowy Paris" Story Highlight.
• One of my most uplifting YouTube videos is this one, showing friends skiing down the Sacré-Coeur gardens in 2013. The same team shot a fresh one this year.
• I announced the pre-order bonus for my new cookbook, TASTING PARIS: 100 Recipes to Eat Like a Local! It’s an audio walking tour in which I take you along my favorite market streets in Montmartre to do some food shopping together. We had a lot of fun recording it, the food vendors played along brilliantly, and it is my pleasure to share with you the unique soundscape of my neighborhood.
To get your pre-order bonus, all you need to do is place your pre-order through the platform of your choice, and then fill out this form to receive the audio file.
• I was a guest on The Earful Tower, a cool podcast about Paris hosted by Oliver Gee. Listen to my interview and don't miss Oliver's hilarious video on faking French.
(If you prefer not to fake it, I recommend the email-based French course Frantastique, which many C&Z readers have tried and enjoyed. Use this link to get a free 7-day trial.)
• I got some postcards printed with a drawing I did some months ago of typical Montmartre apartment buildings, which I pieced together from photos I had shot around my neighborhood. I plan to give them as a little thank-you to guests I have on my walking tours, or to people who help support the launch of my new cookbook.
If you like that illustration, check out the shirt you can buy in different colors, for men, women, and children, on Amazon. (I also created this one, which reads "Do you live in Paris?" "No, in Montmartre!")
(February 20, 2018)
Do you have a trip to Paris planned this year? I know it can feel overwhelming to organize your time in a city like Paris. With so much to experience, how can you possibly choose? How do you make the most of it all? As a native Parisian, food writer, […]
(February 13, 2018)
The story of this mushroom buckwheat soup starts with a dinner date with Maxence. With two little boys and rich work lives, we make it a point to book baby-sitters on a regular basis, in order to enjoy an evening just for us grownups. Sometimes we go see a movie […]
(February 6, 2018)
My new cookbook TASTING PARIS: 100 Recipes to Eat Like a Local will be coming out in North America* on March 20, 2018! This is the book I’ve long wanted to write to share the many and wonderful flavors of Paris from a local’s perspective. A cliché-free Paris that reflects […]